Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-Sixth Middlesex District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Somerville High School, 2005|
|Bachelor's||Bentley University, 2009|
|Place of birth||Cambridge, Massachusetts|
Vasconcelos' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Education is a state issue. I want parents, schools, and local communities to have control over a child’s education."
- Excerpt: "I am an advocate for fiscally responsible economic policies. Instead of enjoying the benefits of free-market capitalism, we find ourselves suffering through the consequences of 'crony capitalism.'"
Same-Sex Marriage & LGBT Issues
- Excerpt: "My personal belief is that the government should not be in the business of deciding who can use the word “marriage.” Marriage is a voluntary and consensual commitment between two adults."
- Excerpt: "Decisions involving abortion (and other reproductive issues) should remain as local as possible."
- Excerpt: "It is abundantly clear to me that humans are detrimentally altering our environment. Education is critical in tackling our environmental issues. This movement will need to continue to come from the private sector, as well as innovation within the field of renewable energy."
Vasconcelos ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-Sixth Middlesex District. He ran unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Timothy Toomey, Jr. (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Thomas + Vasconcelos + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-sixth Middlesex District
- Massachusetts House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Thomas Vasconcelos on Facebook
- Thomas Vasconcelos on Twitter
- The Vasconcelos Committee, "Issues," accessed June 20, 2014 (Archived)
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |