Thomas Reynolds, II
|Thomas Reynolds, II|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 33|
|1980 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 1979|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
|J.D.||University of Mississippi School of Law, 1977|
|Date of birth||November 15, 1954|
Reynolds earned his B.A. and J.D. from the University of Mississippi. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Reynolds served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Compilation, Revision and Publication|
|• County Affairs|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Ways and Means|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Reynolds served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Apportionment and Elections, Chair|
|• Congressional Redistricting, Chair|
|• Legislative Reapportionment, Chair|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Public Health and Human Services|
|• Select Cmte on Philanthropic Development|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Reynolds won re-election to District 33 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Jerrerico Chambers (R) and Sean Holmes (L) in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 33 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Thomas Reynolds, II Incumbent||73.8%||5,928|
On November 6, 2007, Reynolds was re-elected in District 33. He ran unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 33 (2007)|
|Thomas Reynolds, II (D)||8,830||100.0%|
In 2011, Reynolds received $42,130 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Reynolds, II's campaign in 2011|
|Reynolds, Thomas U (Tommy)||$18,961|
|Believe P A C||$2,000|
|Bobby Moak Campaign||$1,000|
|Mississippi Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$42,130|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,928|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.11|
In 2007, Reynolds collected $4,050 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Association for Home Care||$500|
|Electric Power Associates of Mississippi||$500|
|Mississippi Healthcare Association||$250|
|Corrections Corp of America||$250|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Reynolds has been a deacon at a Baptist Church, and a member of Phi Kappa Phi and the Rotary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Thomas + Reynolds + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Reynolds
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Thomas Reynolds II
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |