|Mississippi House of Representatives District 52|
|1988 - July 30, 2012|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 3, 1987|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi Valley State University|
|Birthday||December 6, 1933|
Woods is a cotton ginner and owner of a farm supply store.
He is a member of the Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association, Farm Bureau, Gideons, Marshall County Soil and Water Conservation, Masons, Northwest Junior College Advisory Board, Shriners, Sigma Phi Epsilon, and the Southern Cotton Ginners Association.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Woods served on the following committees:
- Executive Contingent Fund
- Interstate Cooperation, Chair
- Investigative State Offices
- Public Utilities
- Ways and Means
- Youth and Family Affairs
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Woods was appointed to the following committees:
On November 8, 2011, Woods won re-election to District 52 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Woods was re-elected in District 52. He ran unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 52 (2007)|
|Thomas Woods (R)||3,269||100.0%|
In 2011, Woods received $18,728 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Woods's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$500|
|Anheuser Bucsh Clay Firm||$500|
|Grand Trunk R R||$500|
|BNSF RR (Golf)||$500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$18,728|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,918|
|Cost of each vote received||$3.16|
In 2007, Woods collected $24,200 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Medical Association||$1,000|
|Isle of Capri Casino||$1,000|
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215-1018
Post Office Box 388
Byhalia, MS 38611
Phone: 662-838-6201 662-838-6201 (Home)
- Mississippi House Member Page
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Mississippi House of Representatives, "Tommy L. Woods," accessed October 3, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Woods
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed July 2, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 52
1988–July 30, 2012
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |