For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 52|
|1988 - July 30, 2012|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 3, 1987|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi Valley State University|
|Date of birth||December 6, 1933|
Woods is a cotton ginner and owner of a farm supply store.
He is a member of the Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association, Farm Bureau, Gideons, Marshall County Soil and Water Conservation, Masons, Northwest Junior College Advisory Board, Shriners, Sigma Phi Epsilon, and the Southern Cotton Ginners Association.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Woods served on the following committees:
- Executive Contingent Fund
- Interstate Cooperation, Chair
- Investigative State Offices
- Public Utilities
- Ways and Means
- Youth and Family Affairs
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Woods was appointed to the following committees:
On November 8, 2011, Woods won re-election to District 52 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Woods was re-elected in District 52. He ran unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 52 (2007)|
|Thomas Woods (R)||3,269||100.0%|
In 2011, Woods received $18,728 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Woods's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$500|
|Anheuser Bucsh Clay Firm||$500|
|Grand Trunk R R||$500|
|BNSF RR (Golf)||$500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$18,728|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,918|
|Cost of each vote received||$3.16|
In 2007, Woods collected $24,200 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Medical Association||$1,000|
|Isle of Capri Casino||$1,000|
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215-1018
Post Office Box 388
Byhalia, MS 38611
Phone: 662-838-6201 662-838-6201 (Home)
- Mississippi House Member Page
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Mississippi House of Representatives, "Tommy L. Woods," accessed October 3, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Woods
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed July 2, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 52
1988–July 30, 2012
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |