Thurston County, Washington
Last rated February 14, 2012.
- Budget information is provided.
- Commissioners listed with contact information. Meeting minutes, agendas and schedule posted.
- Local tax information is provided.
- Annual financial reports available.
- Administrative officials listed under respective departments.
- Building permits and zoning information provided.
- Public records request forms provided for auditor and development services. Does not appear to have any other info.
- Contracts are not available.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- A new jail that costs 430,000 dollars a year in Thurston County is sitting empty, though it was created to ease the overcrowded burden from the shoulders of the main Thurston County jail. After the cutting-edge $45 million Accountability and Restitution Center jail complex was built, jail population decreased and it became cheaper to pay the money to maintain an empty jail than to fill it.