Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Vermont State Senate Orange District|
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for the Orange District
of the Vermont State Senate
Tillinghast's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "In Thetford, Tig, along with Budget Committee members and the Selectboard he led, found significant savings through tactics including combining purchasing with the schools and other groups; moving some services online; and renegotiating contracts with vendors. This explains in part why Thetford has been able to keep tax rates lowered for the past four years."
- Bringing Internet Broadband to Unserved Areas
- Excerpt: "Internet is not a nice-to-have; it affects our business climate, jobs, education, the ability of our children to stay in the state and our elders to age in place. Tig is keenly aware of the importance, as his businesses relies on the internet."
- Excerpt: "Much is made of renewable energy jobs, and Vermont does well in this field per capita today. However, our current energy policy is not geared aggressively enough to renewables, and the business climate does not make Vermont an obvious choice for private companies to locate here in order to provide renewables services to markets outside Vermont."
- Excerpt: "Vermonters can’t age in their homes if they don’t have good transportation, connectivity, emergency services, healthcare and proximity to family. Providing services and infrastructure to enable aging in place is not just great for seniors, but is also important to the young, providing a richer web of connectedness within a community."
- Excerpt: "Polls in Vermont show people don’t think it’s a great place to do business, but in Thetford that view is beginning to change. In the annual poll conducted by the town each spring, people’s perceptions of how difficult it is to do business here were shown to have decreases slightly, possibly due in part to proactive efforts by the selectboard to deliberately help:"
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Tillinghast ran in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Orange District. He was defeated by incumbent Mark MacDonald in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012.
|Vermont State Senate, Orange District Democratic Primary, 2012
Mark MacDonald Incumbent
| Tig Tillinghast
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tig + Tillinghast + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Tig Tillinghast News Feed