|Tennessee State Senate District 22|
|2009 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|J.D.||University of Arkansas Law School|
Barnes graduated with his Bachelor's degree in History from Harding University and graduated with his Juris Doctor degree from Arkansas Law and is a practicing Attorney.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Barnes served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Barnes served on these committees:
Barnes represents Tennessee Senate District 22. District 22 includes Cheatham, Houston, and Montgomery Counties.
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2012
Barnes ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Tennessee State Senate District 22. Barnes ran unopposed in the August 2 Democratic primary and was defeated by Mark Green (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee State Senate, District 22, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tim Barnes Incumbent||46.9%||28,257|
Barnes raised $242,857 for his campaign while Kurita raised $297,088. 
|Tennessee State Senate, District 22 (2008)|
|Tim Barnes (D)||37,030|
|Rosalind Kurita (D)||22,805|
Barnes raised $242,857 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee's Tomorrow PAC||$16,000|
|Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association||$15,000|
|Tennessee Democratic Party||$11,672|
|Tennessee Labor Council AFL-CIO||$10,750|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 572||$10,000|
|Memphis AFL-CIO Labor Council||$7,500|
|Tennessee Carpenters Regional Council||$7,500|
|Nashville Building & Construction Trades Council||$7,000|
|Tennessee Keep Your Legislature Efficient PAC||$6,750|
|International Brotherhood of Teamsters||$6,000|
|Tennessee Education Association||$5,000|
|Tennessee State Auto Workers||$5,000|
Barnes is married with three children and reside in Adams, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Tim + Barnes + Tennessee + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Pitts issues legislative update, WTB accords - Business Clarksville
- Gay Lyons: Show House is sweet home for Symphony League - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Montgomery County Democratic Party hosts season opening BBQ fundraiser - Business Clarksville
- NFL Capsules: Miller forges ahead without pass-rushing partner - Brownsville Herald
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Biography from the Tennessee General Assembly website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Tim Barnes on State Surge
- Voting record from Tennessee Votes.org
|Tennessee Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|
Mark Green (R)