|Washington House of Representatives, District 3a|
|Place of birth||Spokane|
Benn's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Private business creates jobs. The state of Washington needs to be responsive to economic changes and reduce the red tape and taxation on job creators."
- Business Growth
- Excerpt: " Unneeded regulations and unbalanced tax collections create job killing burdens to small businesses and startup companies. Benn will work to reduce barriers that restrict businesses and local commerce."
- Government Spending
- Excerpt: "Benn believes the state of Washington should be a good steward of taxpayer provided resources. Families and businesses have learned to do more with less and so should all Olympia. To become more efficient and effective Benn will work with other House members to target waste and eliminate it, diverting these resources to areas our residents need most."
- Excerpt: "I come from a family of educators on both sides. My great-great grandmother, two great grandmothers, a grandmother and my mother were educated to be teachers. I know Washington State has some great educators but I have my concerns about education and the future of our young people."
- Fully Funded Education
- Excerpt: "Benn believes education is vital for our state's future. Adequately funding education must be a top priority for Washington. Ideas like charter schools and vouchers need to be brought to the voters because of the vested interests citizens have in our schools. Options for families in the delivery of education may be desired but will not solve the conditions that exist today in our public schools."
Benn ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 3a. Benn advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Marcus Riccelli (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 3a, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Marcus Riccelli Incumbent||62.7%||31,303|
Benn and his wife, Shannon, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tim + Benn + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |