Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Gieseke ran on the Independence Party ticket for election as Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota in 2014.
The gubernatorial race featured five tickets seeking election to a four-year term. Dayton ran with Tina Smith, who ran to replace Yvonne Prettner Solon as lieutenant governor. Dayton and Smith faced Republican challengers Jeff Johnson and Bill Kuisle. The general election ballot included Libertarian ticket Chris Holbrook and Chris Dock, Grassroots Party ticket Chris Wright and David Daniels and Independence Party ticket Hannah Nicollet and Tim Gieseke. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota, 2014|
|Democratic||Mark Dayton/Tina Smith Incumbent||50.1%||989,113|
|Republican||Jeff Johnson/Bill Kuisle||44.5%||879,257|
|Independence||Hannah Nicollet/Tim Gieseke||2.9%||56,900|
|Grassroots Party||Chris Wright/David Daniels||1.6%||31,259|
|Libertarian||Chris Holbrook/Chris Dock||0.9%||18,082|
|Election Results via Minnesota Secretary of State.|
Gieseke ran for election in the special election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 19A. The seat was vacant following Terry Morrow's (D) resignation in order to accept a job in Chicago as legislative director at the Uniform Law Commission. Morrow announced that he would be resigning his seat, which he won re-election to on November 6, 2012, on January 7, 2013. Gieseke was defeated by Clark Johnson (D) in the special election on February 12, 2013.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 19A, General Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Tim + Gieseke + Lieutenant + Governor + Minnesota
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hannah Nicollet and Tim Gieseke for Governor/Lt. Governor 2014 Official campaign website
- minnesotaelectionresults.sos.state.mn.us, "Official special election results"
- minnesotaelectionresults.sos.state.mn.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 15, 2013
- The Journal, "Mankato teacher, union leader to run for Morrow seat in House," December 27, 2012
- The Journal, "Tim Gieseke, Jim Golgart enter 19A race," January 4, 2013
- St. Peter Herald, "Johnson wins House District 19A special primary election," January 29, 2013
- Politics in Minnesota, "Johnson, Theis win House special elections," February 13, 2013
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |