|Colorado State Senate, District 16|
|January 7, 2015 - Present|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Base salary||$30,000 per year|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Colorado State Senate|
|November 2011 - 2013|
Neville's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Colorado State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Incumbent Jeanne Nicholson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Tim Neville was unopposed in the Republican primary. Nicholson was defeated by Neville in the general election. As of November 10, unofficial results put Neville ahead of Nicholson by 2,042 votes with all four counties reported.
|Colorado State Senate, District 16, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Jeanne Nicholson Incumbent||48.6%||33,734|
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Neville did not seek re-election in 2012.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tim + Neville + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado General Assembly
- Colorado State Senate
- Colorado Senate Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Profile from the Colorado State Senate
- Official campaign website
- Tim Neville on Facebook
- Tim Neville on LinkedIn
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- CBS Local, "Republican Tim Neville Sworn In To Colorado Senate," November 10, 2011
- nevilleforcolorado.com, "My Principles," accessed September 30, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 5, 2014
Jeanne Nicholson (D)
|Colorado State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
Mike Kopp (R)
|Colorado State Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|
Andrew Kerr (D)