|Illinois House of Representatives District 65|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||14|
|Deputy Minority Leader, Illinois State House|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Augustana College, 1998|
|Birthday||September 26, 1965|
|Place of birth||Geneva, IL|
|Profession||Emergency Medical Technician|
Prior to joining the House, Schmitz served as an Alderman in Batavia from 1995-1999, and on the Batavia Planning Commission from 1990-1995. He has been a fire fighter, and owner of the ARS Land Group.
Schmitz is a member of the Batavia Firefighters, Batavia Moose, Cardunal Chamber of Commerce, Elgin Chamber of Commerce, Hampshire Chamber of Commerce, and the Navy League Rotary Club.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Schmitz served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services|
|• Labor & Commerce|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schmitz served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Schmitz served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Appropriations-Human Services|
|• Environmental Health|
|• Health Care Availability Access|
|• Human Services|
Schmitz won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 65. Schmitz was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 65, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tim Schmitz Incumbent||100%||37,242|
Schmitz won re-election to the 49th District seat against Democrat Jennifer Barconi. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 49 (2010)|
|Timothy L. Schmitz (R)||29,753||65.32%|
|Jennifer Barconi (D)||15,799||34.68%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Timothy Schmitz won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 49 receiving 37,287 votes, ahead of Democrat Rachel Shattuck who received 27,992 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 49 (2008)|
|Timothy Schmitz (R)||37,287|
|Rachel Shattuck (D)||27,992|
On November 7, 2006, Republican Timothy L. Schmitz won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 49 receiving 23,274 votes ahead of Democrat Christine Adelman who received 15,827 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 49 (2006)|
|Timothy Schmitz (R)||23,274|
|Christine Adelman (D)||15,827|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Schmitz collected $214,904 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tim Schmitz's campaign in 2010|
|Associated Beer Distributors Of Illinois||$22,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$9,850|
|Illinois Republican Party||$8,388|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$8,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$214,904|
In 2008, Schmitz collected $251,094 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$22,500|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$14,400|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$10,950|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$10,196|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Schmitz received a score of 71.43 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of C according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 27th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tim + Schmitz + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kane Mayors, Managers, Aldermen Meet with Lawmakers on Local Impacts of ... - Patch.com
- State lawmakers OK medical marijuana; legislation heads to governor - Kane County Chronicle
- Pension reformers: Take a bow - Chicago Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Tim Schmitz Official Website
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Timothy L. Schmitz (R) 49th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Schmitz
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Additional Illinois Endorsements," March 15, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- ↑ Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- ↑ Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- ↑ Schmitz Campaign Donors
- ↑ Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
Rosemary Mulligan (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 65
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 49
1999 – 2013
| Succeeded by|
Mike Fortner (R)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |