|Kentucky State Senate District 19|
|1989-June 29, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Bachelor's||University of Louisville|
|Birthday||August 22, 1957|
|Place of birth||Louisville, KY|
|Profession||Vice President, Jewish Hospital Healthcare Services|
Shaughnessy resigned his seat early, citing a number of reasons including the fact that there were no plans for a special session and no important issues in his committees.
Shaughnessy attended Jefferson Community College. He went on to earn his B.S. from the University of Louisville. He then received his MBA from Bellarmine College.
Shaughnessy is Vice President for Jewish Hospital Healthcare Services.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Shaughnessy Served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Tourism and Labor Committee, Kentucky State Senate
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Labor and Industry Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Transportation Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee, Kentucky General Assembly
- Transportation Committee, Kentucky State Senate
- Veterans, Military Affairs, and Public Protection Committee, Kentucky State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Shaughnessy served on the following committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Kentucky State Senate
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Kentucky State Senate
- Education Committee, Kentucky State Senate
In November 2011, Shaughnessy announced he would not seek re-election in 2012, but did not give a reason why.
On November 4, 2008, Shaughnessy was re-elected to the 19th District Seat in the Kentucky State Senate, defeating Bob Heleringer (R). Shaughnessy raised $158,245 for his campaign, while Heleringer raised $126,321.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 19 (2008)|
|Tim Shaughnessy (D)||36,199||59.5%|
|Bob Heleringer (R)||24,615||40.5%|
In 2008 Shaughnessy collected $158,245 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Kentucky Optometric Association||$2,000|
|Kentucky Bankers Association||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tim + Shaughnessy + Kentucky + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Shaughnessy is single and has three children.
- Official Kentucky Legislature page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996, 1994
- Voting record from KentuckyVotes.org
- WDRB, "Kentucky State Senator Tim Shaughnessy resigns," June 29, 2012
- WFPL, "Shaughnessy Forgoes Re-Election Bid to State Senate," November 10, 2011
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Report of 'Official' Election Night Tally Results," November 26, 2008
- District 19 Kentucky State Senate, 2008 Money Raised
- 2008 Contributions to Tim Shaughnessy
|Kentucky State Senate District 19
1989–June 29, 2012
| Succeeded by|
Morgan McGarvey (D)