|Washington State Senate District 35|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||16|
|President Pro Tempore, Washington State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Washington State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania, 1969|
|Master's||University of Washington, 1972|
|Birthday||March 9, 1947|
|Place of birth||Shelton, WA|
|Profession||General Partner, Sheldon Properties|
Sheldon earned his BS in Economics from Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania in 1969. He went on to receive his MBA in Business Administration from the University of Washington in 1972.
Sheldon worked as a manager for the Potlatch Beach Mutual Water Company. He was also involved in economic development for the Northwest Indian Tribes. From 1986 to 2004 he was the executive director for the Economic Development Council of Mason County. He currently is general partner for Sheldon Properties.
In 2010, Washington State political pundit Austin Jenkins called Sheldon "the Joe Lieberman of the [Democratic] caucus" and "a sure No vote on any budget that includes taxes."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sheldon served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy, Environment & Telecommunications, Vice-chair|
|• Rules, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sheldon served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2011|
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
Tim Sheldon was re-elected to the Washington State Senate District 35. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 17, 2010. He defeated Republican Nancy Williams in the November 2, 2010 General Election.
|Washington State Senate, District 35 General Election (2010)|
|Tim Sheldon (D)||34,130||61.81%|
|Nancy Williams (R)||21,084||38.19%|
|Washington State Senate, District 35 Primary (2010)|
|Tim Sheldon (D)||20,437||61.17%|
|Nancy (grandma) Williams (R)||12,974||38.83%|
In November 2006, Sheldon was re-elected for the 35th District of the Washington State Senate receiving 32,963 votes.
Sheldon raised $215,300 for his campaign.
|Washington State Senate, District 35 (2006)|
|Tim Sheldon (D)||32,963|
|Mark Shattuck (R)||12,622|
In 2010, Sheldon received $118,165 in campaign donations. The top contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Washington State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tim Sheldon's campaign in 2010|
|Washington State Medical Association||$1,600|
|Holland America Line||$1,600|
|Washington Beverage Association||$1,600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$118,165|
In 2006, Sheldon collected $215,300 in donations.
Listed below are the top four contributors to his campaign. 
|Washington State Dental Association||$1,400|
|Washington Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors||$1,400|
|Washington Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$1,400|
Sheldon is married to Linda; they have one daughter.
- See also: Freedom Foundation's Big Spender List
The Freedom Foundation releases its Big Spender List annually. The Institute ranks all Washington legislators based on their total proposed tax and fee increases. To find each legislator’s total, the Institute adds up the 10-year tax increases or decreases, as estimated by Washington’s Office of Financial Management, of all bills sponsored or co-sponsored by that legislator. 
Sheldon proposed a 10-year increase in state taxes and fees of $3.8 million, the 39th highest amount of proposed new taxes and fees of the 46 Washington state senators on the Freedom Foundation’s 2012 Big Spender List.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Tim + Sheldon + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate report: Apple using shell companies to dodge taxes - The Hill (blog)
- Thompson explains the success of the Board of Education - Capital New York
- Report: Patrick Roy may be next Avalanche coach - USA TODAY
- Senators Top Penguins In Double OT In Game 3: Colin Greening Scores Game ... - Huffington Post
- Cancer survivor exudes calm in Legislature's budget battles - The Seattle Times
- No budget deal seen by end of Washington state legislature session - Reuters
- Your daily jolt: Sheldon Adelson's super PAC operation comes to Georgia - Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog)
- Finalists announced for coach of the year - USA TODAY
- Washington Special Session Has Political Fundraising Implications - OPB News
- Inslee, lawmakers tussle over drunk driving & budget negotiations - Crosscut
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Tim Sheldon on the Washington State Senate website
- Legislative profile of Sheldon on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Sheldon on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1992, 1990
- Washington Votes profile for Sheldon
- ↑ 35th Legislative District
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Sen. Sheldon
- ↑ Crosscut, "A whiff of mutiny among Democrats in Olympia", February 15, 2010
- ↑ Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS
- ↑ Washington Legislature Official General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Sheldon's 2006 campaign contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- ↑ 2006 contributors to Tim Sheldon
- ↑ Freedom Foundation's 2012 Big Spender List
- ↑ Freedom Foundation's 2012 list of Washington state senators by proposed new taxes and fees
|Washington Senate District 35
| Succeeded by|