was a Republican candidate
for District 16
of the California State Senate
. The primary election
was on June 8, 2010
and the general election was on November 2
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
Thiesen defeated Phillip D. Wyman in the June 8 primary. He was then defeated by Michael J. Rubio in the November 2 general election.
| California State Senate, District 16 Republican Primary (2010)
| Tim Thiesen (R)
| Phillip D. Wyman (R)
Thiesen's website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The Sacramento politicians are at war with the Central Valley and it's time we fought back. We must cut taxes now and I will start with the $800 new business "start-up" tax. "
- Excerpt: "Our unemployment rate in the Central Valley is near 20 percent! The only way to get our economy back on track is by creating new jobs. We need to first reverse government over-regulation - starting with AB 32. "
- Excerpt: "Career politicians passed AB 32, which is job-killing environmental extremism at its worst. I will be the Valley voice in Sacramento and fight to repeal these restrictive regulations. "
- Excerpt: "Central Valley farmers need water to irrigate their crops, make a living and keep employees. It's time to turn the pumps back on and get the Central Valley farming again. Our families are more important than a fish - period. "