|New Mexico Senate District 32|
|1978 - 2013|
|December 31, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||September 4, 1950|
|Place of birth||Roswell, NM|
On April 30, 2013, Jennings was appointed to serve on New Mexico's State Investment Council.
Jennings is a businessman. He has been a ranch manager since 1974.
Jennings earned his BSBA from Creighton University in 1972.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jennings served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jennings served on these committees:
- Committees' Committee, New Mexico State Senate
- Indian and Cultural Affairs Committee, New Mexico Senate
- Rules Committee, New Mexico Senate
Jennings was the target of a lawsuit filed with the 5th Judicial District Court in Chaves County by Cliff R. Pirtle alleging Timothy Z. Jennings did not meet state petition requirements that say each petition must have the district number of the office they are seeking written on them. Jennings could have been taken off the ballot if his petitions were found to be in violation of the law. The ruling was in favor of Jennings and said there was no evidence of fraud..
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
|New Mexico State Senate, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cliff R. Pirtle||52.3%||5,930|
Jennings raised $80,426 for his campaign.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Timothy Jennings' 2008 campaign.
|New Mexico Medical Society||$7,000|
|Presbyterian Health Plan||$3,000|
|New Mexico Realtors Association||$2,500|
|Bank of America||$2,000|
Jennings and his wife, Patty, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Timothy + Jennings + New + Mexico + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ex-legislator Tim Jennings named to NM Investment Council - Las Cruces Sun-News
- Lame-duck lawmakers get blanket approval for travel - Santa Fe New Mexican.com
- Schools?School Notes - The Connection Newspapers - Virginia Connection Newspapers
- State news in brief, May 1, 2013 - Santa Fe New Mexican.com
- A look at pensions for ex-legislators in NM - Carlsbad Current Argus
- Speaker Ken Martinez bids farewell to DPNM chair - New Mexico Telegram
- NM taxpayers foot bill for out-of-state travel by several lame-duck state ... - The Republic
- Friend of education - Deming Headlight
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Timothy Jenning's personal website
- Biography from the New Mexico Legislature website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996, 1992
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
- ↑ Associated Press, "Ex-legislator Tim Jennings named to investment board overseeing New Mexico's permanent funds," April 30, 2013. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- ↑ Roswell Daily Record "Jennings' name to remain on primary ballot"
- ↑ New Mexico Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ New Mexico Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," Accessed March 23, 2012
- ↑ 2008 election results, New Mexico Senate
- ↑ 2008 Follow the Money's report on Timothy's 2008 campaign contributions
|New Mexico State Senate District 32
| Succeeded by|
Cliff Pirtle (R)