|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives District 41|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Milwaukie High School, 1976|
|Bachelor's||Oregon State University, 1987 and 1989|
McMenamin earned his B.S. in Pharmacy from Oregon State University in 1987 and his B.S. in Microbiology from Oregon State University in 1989. His professional experience includes working as a pharmacist.
McMenamin's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Jobs and the Economy are my Number One Priority for Our State."
- Excerpt: "Oregon has always been best at Manufacturing supplied with the abundance of Natural Wealth we were given."
- Excerpt: "Putting Oregonians back to work in permanent, sustainable, high paying jobs is my number one goal."
- Excerpt: "Education needs to be funded first before any other programs. The future is Our Children."
- Excerpt: "Public Schools have been held hostage in Oregon in order for Our Legislatures to fund pet projects."
- Excerpt: "Our educational priorities should be supporting school choice with local control, classroom funding, and reward teacher excellence."
Property Rights & Taxation
- Excerpt: "Oregon should protect family homes, business, and farms by repealing the Oregon Death Tax."
- Excerpt: "Additionally, Oregon needs to give property owners more control over zoning and land use regulations."
- Excerpt: "When Oregonians say "No" to high debt bonding for projects we do not want then the legislature should follow our demands."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Kathleen Taylor defeated Deborah Barnes, Ted Roe and Kaliko Castille in the Democratic primary. Timothy McMenamin was unopposed in the Republican primary. McMenamin ran on the Libertarian ticket and Taylor ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Taylor defeated McMenamin in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 41 Democratic Primary, 2014|
McMenamin ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 41. McMenamin defeated Sam Cantrell in the May 15 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Carolyn Tomei (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carolyn Tomei Incumbent||72.5%||22,530|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 41 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Timothy + McMenamin + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 41
- Official campaign website
- Timothy McMenamin on Facebook
- Timothy McMenamin on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About," accessed April 24, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014