|Indiana House of Representatives District 17|
|November 7, 2012-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed by||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Plymouth High School (1985)|
|Bachelor's||Florida Atlantic University (1992)|
|Master's||Florida Atlantic University (1994)|
Harman earned his B.S. from Florida Atlantic University and his M.S. from Florida State University. His professional experience includes working as the founder and owner of Harman Restaurants, Inc.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Harman served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Courts and Criminal Code|
|• Government and Regulatory Reform|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Timothy P. Harman was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Harman won election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 17. Harman defeated Francis K. Ellert in the May 8 Republican primary and ran unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Timothy Harman Incumbent||100%||18,159|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 17 Republican Primary, 2012|
Harman was endorsed by the Indiana Right to Life PAC on May 2, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Harman is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Harman raised a total of $72,786 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 9, 2013.
|Timothy Harman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 17||$66,068|
|2002||Indiana State House, District 17||$6,718|
|Grand Total Raised||$72,786|
2012Harman won election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Harman raised a total of $66,068.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Timothy Harman's campaign in 2012|
|Harman, Timothy P||$40,798|
|Harman, Timothy P||$10,081|
|Harman Restaurants Inc||$2,568|
|Hoosiers for Economic Growth||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$66,068|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Harman and his wife, Jennifer, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Timothy + Harman + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Right to Life, "Indiana Right to Life PAC announces candidate endorsements in contested primaries," accessed May 3, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Harman, Tim," accessed September 9, 2013
Nancy Dembowski (D)
|Indiana House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |