|North Carolina House of Representatives District 2|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Profession||Superior Court Clerk (retired)|
Spear's professional experience includes working as a clerk for the Superior Court.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Spear served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Appropriations Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Justice and Public Safety, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Environment Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Spear served on the following committees:
- Subcommittee on Justice and Public Safety
- Financial Institutions Committee, North Carolina House
- Judiciary II Committee, North Carolina House
- Local Government II Committee, North Carolina House
- Marine Resources and Aquaculture Committee, North Carolina House
- Wildlife Resources Committee, North Carolina House
Spear did not run for re-election in 2012.
On November 2, 2010, Spear won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives. He had no primary opposition but was challenged by Robert Steinburg in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 2 (2010)|
|Timothy Spear (D)||12,733||54.88%|
|Bob Steinburg (R)||10,467||45.12%|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2|
|Timothy Spear (D)||20,705|
|Chris East (R)||11,152|
|Jesse Mignogna (L)||852|
In 2010, a year in which Spear was up for re-election, he collected $60,142 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Timothy Spear's campaign in 2010|
|North Carolina Democratic Party||$12,912|
|North Carolina Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|North Carolina Home Builders Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$60,142|
In 2008, Spear collected $38,278 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC PARTY||$3,018|
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Spear (Archived)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official North Carolina General Election Results- November 2, 2010," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- "2008 campaign contributions"
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributions
|North Carolina House - District 2
| Succeeded by|
W. A. Wilkins (D)
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |