|Oregon House of Representatives District 27|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Majority Whip, Oregon House of Representatives|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Washington|
|Place of birth||Missoula, MT|
|Profession||Product Developer, Nike|
Read received his MBA from the University of Washington after earning a Bachelors in Politics and Economics at Willamette University.
Read is a product developer for Nike. He is a founding board member of Hoopla, and served on the Advisory Board for Willamette University Athletic Department. He is a member of the Bicycle Transportation Alliance, Citizen Participation Organization, Neighborhood Association Committee, and Northwest Earth Institute. Read's volunteer work includes mentoring and volunteering at Greenway Elementary,the Oregon Bus Project, and Youth Basketball coach.
Read's wife is Heidi Eggert.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Read served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Transportation and Economic Development, Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Read served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Transportation, Co-Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Read served on these committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Sustainability and Economic Development, Chair|
Read won re-election in the 2012 election for Oregon House of Representatives District 27. Read was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and defeated Burton Keeble (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tobias Read Incumbent||68.1%||19,180|
|Oregon State House, District 27|
|Tobias Read (D)||15,398|
|Dan Lucas (R)||9,328|
On November 4, 2008, Read won re-election to Oregon State House District 27.
|Oregon State House District 27|
|Tobias Read (D)||19,420|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Read collected $228,046 in campaign donations in 2010. The largest donors to the campaign are listed below.
|Oregon House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tobias Read's campaign in 2010|
|Portland General Electric||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$228,046|
In 2008 Read collected $224,974 in donations.
These were the largest contributions in 2008.
|PORTLAND GENERAL ELECTRIC||$6,000|
|OREGON HOUSE DEMOCRATS||$4,567|
|OREGON ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$4,500|
- Representative Read's campaign
- Oregon House of Representative - Rep. Tobias Read
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Representative Read's facebook
- Representative Read's youtube channel
- Representative Read's twitter
- ↑ "New Legislative Session means new leaders in the House caucuses," Oregon Capitol News, November 11, 2010
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Read
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," Accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Oregon Live Election, Election Results
- ↑ "Oregon State House official election results for 2008"
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donors
- ↑ 2008 campaign contributions
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 27
| Succeeded by|