|Iowa State Senate District 29|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Western Illinois University|
|Birthday||March 29, 1965|
|Religion||Christian - Lutheran|
Bowman has taught in the Maquoketa Community School District for the past 15 years; he teaches political science and psychology at Maquoketa High School and Clinton Community Collge. He has also coached wrestling and football. In addition to his professional duties, Bowman serves as president of the Maquoketa Area Education Association.
He received his B.A. in Social Sciences and Education from Luther College and an M.A. in Education from Western Illinois University. He and his wife Renee have three children.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bowman served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa, Vice-chair|
|• State Government|
|• Transportation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bowman served on these committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa|
|• Local Government|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Bowman faced candidates Brian Moore (729), Ed O'Neill (232) and Paul Feller (54). Bowman won the primary with 1,573 votes. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 13 (2010) General Election|
|Tod Bowman (D)||10,017||50.2%|
|Andrew Naeve (R)||9,947||49.8%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 13 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, Dix outlines these issues as his main concerns:
- Jobs - "New, better-paying jobs"
- Taxes - "Government reform and more accountability for our tax dollars"
- Education - "Restore full funding for pre-K through 12 education."
- Military families - "We need to make sure our men and women serving overseas are taken care of when they return and we must have safe communities in which to raise our families."
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Bowman raised $109,412 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$59,012|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Afscme Iowa Council 61||$2,204|
|Food & Commercial Workers District 431||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tod + Bowman + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa Senate Approves Online Driver's License Renewal - KCRG
- Iowa Senate bill would allow ATVs to be driven on roads - Iowa Farmer Today
- Senate approves tax break for ethanol fuel - Sioux City Journal
- Spending measure headed for negotiation in Iowa Legislature - Omaha World-Herald
- Iowa Senate OKs online renewal of driver's licenses, saving $1.2 million annually - DesMoinesRegister.com (blog)
- Drunk Driving Standard Debated - WNAX
- Iowa lawmakers pressing toward adjournment - The Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines
- Bill allowing ATVs on county roads likely dead in Legislature - DesMoinesRegister.com
- Proposal to raise registration fees for electric cars resurfaces - Radio Iowa
- Governor signs bill toughening teen driver's license requirements - DesMoinesRegister.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Bowman and his wife Renee have three children.
- Iowa State Senate - Sen. Tod Bowman
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Tod Bowman on Facebook
- Tod Bowman on YouTube
Nancy Boettger (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|
Kent Sorenson (R)