|Utah Commissioner of Insurance|
|January 2013 - Present|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Appointed||December 20, 2012|
|Appointed by||Gov. Gary Herbert|
|Utah House of Representatives|
|Place of birth||Texas|
|Profession||President/Insurance Agent, Kiser-Lord Insurance Agency|
Kiser attended Ricks College on a basketball scholarship. Moving to Salt Lake City, he started a career in Real Estate and insurance, founding the Kiser Insurance Agency in 1976. He was elected to the Utah House of Representatives in 2002 and served until 2013.
- Attended, Ricks College
Utah Commissioner of Insurance (2013-Present)
Utah State House of Representatives (2003-2012)
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kiser served on the following committees:
- Business and Labor Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Redistricting Committee, Utah State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Business, Economic Development and Labor Appropriations, Chair
- Transportation Committee, Utah House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kiser served on the following committees:
Kiser did not run for re-election in 2012. He was appointed Utah Commissioner of Insurance by Gov. Gary Herbert on December 20, 2012. In a statement Herbert said, "With his professional expertise and legislative experience, Todd will provide the right balance of technical understanding and policy insight."
|Utah House of Representatives, District 41 General Election (2010)|
|Todd Kiser (R)||5,033|
|John Jackson (D)||2,072|
|Matt Woolley (C)||510|
Kiser raised $41,239 for his campaign while Ash raised $5,275 and Woolley raised $0.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 41 (2008)|
|Todd Kiser (R)||5,769|
|Fred Ash (D)||4,375|
|Matthew Woolley (C)||453|
Comprehensive donor information for Kiser is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Kiser raised a total of $154,288 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 9, 2013.
In 2010, Kiser received $55,200 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Todd Kiser's campaign in 2010|
|Workers Compensation Fund Of Utah||$2,350|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|American Legislative Exchange Council||$2,000|
|Merit Medical Systems||$1,350|
|Total Raised in 2010||$55,200|
Kiser raised $41,239 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Utah Manufacturers Association||$1,600|
|Workers Compensation Fund of Utah||$1,600|
|Utah Association of Realtors||$1,500|
Kiser has a wife, Julianne.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Todd + Kiser + Utah + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. Todd Kiser
- Biographical profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Utah Insurance Department "Biography of Todd E. Kiser," accessed January 23, 2013
- ↑ Utah 2012 candidate filings
- ↑ Salt Lake Tribune, "Utah governor names former lawmaker to Cabinet slot," December 21, 2012
- ↑ Utah House of Representatives election results
- ↑ 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- ↑ 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- ↑ Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Todd Kiser," accessed May 9, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- ↑ Campaign contributors to Todd Kiser
|Utah Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|
|Utah House of Representatives District 41
| Succeeded by|
Dan McCay (R)