|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 55|
|2009 - Present|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||October 13, 2009|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years total in state legislative chambers|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma State University|
|Profession||Owner/Operator, Commercial Nursery|
Russ earned his B.S. in International Finance from Southwestern Oklahoma State University. His professional experience includes being the former owner and operator of a commercial nursery and the former President/CEO of Washita State Bank. Russ is currently the principle of Summit Bank Consulting.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Russ served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Rules, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Russ served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Wildlife, and Environment, Vice-chair|
|• Economic Development, Tourism and Financial Services|
|• Energy & Utility Regulation|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Russ served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture & Rural Development|
Elections for the office of Oklahoma House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent Todd Russ was unopposed in the Republican primary. Russ is unchallenged in the general election.
Russ ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma House District 55. Russ ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26 and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Russ ran for re-election 2010 election for Oklahoma State House District 55. Russ was unchallenged in the general election on November 2, 2010. Russ was unopposed in the Republican primary election on July 27, 2010.
Russ was elected on October 13, 2009, after a special election. He defeated Larry Peck (D) by a margin of 3029 votes to 2388. Russ replaced Representative Ryan McMullen (D), who was appointed to a position in the US Department of Agriculture.
Comprehensive donor information for Todd Russ is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Todd Russ raised a total of $301,367 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 23, 2013.
|Todd Russ's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 55||$42,298|
|2010||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 55||$12,772|
|2006||Oklahoma State Senate, District 26||$246,297|
|Grand Total Raised||$301,367|
2012Todd Russ won re-election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Todd Russ raised a total of $42,298.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Todd Russ's campaign in 2012|
|Oklahoma Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Oklahoma Land Title Association||$1,000|
|Stout, Steve & Kay||$1,000|
|Beef Feeders LLC||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$42,298|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Todd Russ won election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Todd Russ raised a total of $12,772.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Todd Russ's campaign in 2010|
|Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association||$1,000|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$500|
|Sure - Speak Up For Rural Electrification||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$12,772|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2006Todd Russ lost the election for the Oklahoma State Senate in 2006. During that election cycle, Todd Russ raised a total of $246,297.
|Oklahoma State Senate 2006 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Todd Russ's campaign in 2006|
|Russ, Todd D & Khristy||$40,000|
|Mckean Jr, Joseph D||$5,000|
|Dollar Thrifty Auto Group||$5,000|
|Stewart, Tom & Kathy||$5,000|
|Greater Oklahoma City Legislative Cmte||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2006||$246,297|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Russ and his wife, Khristy, have three children: Ryan, Lacey and Lauren Paige.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Todd + Russ + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012 2010 2006,
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Todd Russ ," accessed June 4, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Oklahoma Candidates for State Elective Office 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results Primary Election — July 27, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results Runoff Primary Election — August 24, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Summary Results General Election — November 2, 2010," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Russ, Todd," accessed July 23, 2013
|Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |