|California State Senate District 27|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California, 1991|
|J.D.||Loyola Law School|
|Service/branch||U.S. Marine Corps/Reserves|
Zink is a deputy district attorney for Los Angeles County, and a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Marine Reserves, having previously served seven and a half years on active duty. (He served in combat in Somalia, with reserve tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.) He is a former member of the Screen Actors Guild. In 1991, Zink graduated with a bachelor's degree in political science and economics from the University of Southern California, where he was a member of the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps program. He earned his J.D. from Loyola Law School.
Zink told the Los Angeles Daily News, "I look forward to working across the aisle to restore the priorities of government.... The priorities I will focus on are: reforming our education system, restoring our business climate, and ensuring our public safety is not jeopardized."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2012
Zink ran in the 2012 election for California State Senate District 27. He and District 23 incumbent Fran Pavley (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012. He was then defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Senate, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Fran Pavley Incumbent||53.6%||197,757|
Zink and his wife, Christon, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Todd + Zink + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook website
- Twitter feed
- USC NROTC alumni profile
- USC Dornsife story on Zink's service in Afghanistan
- Zink for Senate 2012, "Biography," accessed October 29, 2012
- US NROTC Alumni League, "Russell Todd Zink," accessed October 29, 2012
- USC Dornsife, "Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)," March 18, 2011. Retrieved October 29, 2012
- Daily News, "Veteran lawmaker Fran Pavley, newcomer Todd Zink face off in 27th Senate District," October 20, 2012. Retrieved October 29, 2012
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014