For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Tom Campbell (North Dakota)
|North Dakota State Senate District 19|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||North Dakota State University|
Campbell earned his B.S. in Economics from North Dakota State University. His professional experience includes working as a farmer and businessman.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Campbell served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Industry, Business and Labor, Vice Chairman|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Campbell served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance and Taxation|
Elections for the office of North Dakota State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Tom Campbell was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Robert Kilichowski was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Campbell defeated Kilichowski in the general election.
|North Dakota State Senate, District 19, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Tom Campbell Incumbent||64.9%||3,109|
Campbell ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota Senate District 19. Campbell defeated incumbent Gerald Uglem in the June 12 Republican primary. He defeated Julius M. Wangler in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota State Senate, District 19, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Julius M. Wangler||39.8%||2,313|
|North Dakota State Senate District 19 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Gerald Uglem Incumbent||45.7%||1,084|
Comprehensive donor information for Campbell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Campbell raised a total of $3,000 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 30, 2013.
|Tom Campbell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State Senate, District 19||$3,000|
|Grand Total Raised||$3,000|
2012Campbell won election to the North Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Campbell raised a total of $3,000.
|North Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Campbell's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Bankers Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,000|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- North Dakota Family Alliance: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that were great interest to the family.
- Greater North Dakota Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills impacting North Dakota's business community.
Campbell and his wife, Lori, have two children. They currently reside in Grafton, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Campbell + North + Dakota + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Tom Campbell on Facebook
- Tom Campbell on LinkedIn
- Tom Campbell on Twitter
- The Produce News, "Campbell to seek North Dakota state Senate seat"
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed July 8, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 17, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota VOICES - Secretary of State, "Official Results, Primary Election - June 12, 2012," accessed July 23, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Campbell, Tom," accessed May 30, 2013
Gerald Uglem (R)
|North Dakota State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|