|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 79
Clauder was Mayor of Fitchburg for 6 years and a member of the Dane county Board of Supervisors for 10 years.
He is retired from Law enforcement, where he was a Juvenile Officer and Court Officer. Clauder holds an associate degree from Madison Area Technical School.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Clauder ran in the 2010 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 79. Clauder was defeated by Democratic incumbent Sondy Pope-Roberts in the general election on November 2, 2010. Clauder defeated Carl Skalitzky in the Republican primary election on September 14, 2010.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 79 General Election (2010)|
|Sondy Pope-Roberts (D)||19,937|
|Tom Clauder (R)||13,842|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 79 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Tom Clauder (R)||3,757||75.58%|
|Carl Skalitzky (R)||1,212||24.38%|
Clauder's main themes on his website are:
- Jobs - Wants to attract new businesses through business-friendly policies.
- Budget & Taxes - Believes the budget deficit must be fixed.
- Education - Supports more federal aid for Wisconsin schools.
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Clauder on Facebook
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |