|Illinois House of Representatives District 90|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Dayton|
|Profession||Government & Public Relations Coordinator, KSB Hospital|
Demmer earned his bachelor's degree in communications from the University of Dayton. He then interned at the White House in the Office of the Vice President in 2006.
Demmer is currently employed as director of strategic planning by KSB Hospital. He has also served on the Lee County Board since 2009.
Demmer's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Putting the people of Illinois back to work has to be our #1 priority. A state unemployment rate near 10% means that thousands of families across Illinois are feeling the stress and bearing the burden of joblessness."
- Excerpt: "We can take action by investing in local infrastructure, by promoting cooperation between neighboring cities and towns, and by identifying the strengths in our community and building upon them."
- Excerpt: "Our state economy is struggling and much of the blame falls on the mismanagement of government over the past several years."
- Excerpt: "It’s the responsibility of elected officials to protect the rights and freedoms granted to citizens by the Constitution. Our most important and sacred right is the right to life."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Demmer served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Human Services|
|• Economic Development|
|• Health & Healthcare Disparities|
|• Health Care Availability Access|
|• Higher Education|
|• Human Services|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Demmer won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 90. Demmer defeated Li Arellano, Jr., Chet Olsen and Daniel Sidmore in the March 20 Republican primary and defeated Thomas Boken, Jr. (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 90, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Thomas Boken, Jr.||37.9%||16,724|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 90 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Li Arellano, Jr.||31.9%||4,718|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Demmer + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- IVCC board: Most tech center work to be finished Sept. 1 - MyWebTimes.com
- State moratorium could halt Fox River Valley virtual school - Dekalb Daily Chronicle
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill - Dekalb Daily Chronicle
- On pensions, Bivins and GOP far apart - Saukvalley
- Demmer endorses three anti-corruption bills - Rochelle News Leader
- A showdown in Springfield? - Saukvalley
- Pension reformers: Take a bow - Chicago Tribune
- Anti-Corruption Bills Await Senate Action - WNIJ & WNIU
- Lawmaker: No results yet on big issues - Saukvalley
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Jerry L. Mitchell (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 90
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |