is a candidate
for District 26
of the Nebraska State Senate
. The primary election
was on May 11, 2010, and the general election was on November 2
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2010
Dierks was bested by Amanda McGill in the primary by a margin of 5,455-2,345. Dierks was defeated by McGill in the November 2, 2010, general election.
| Nebraska State Senate, District 26 General election (2010)
| Amanda McGill
| Tom Dierks
Dierks's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I would propose targeted sales taxes as a means of easing the burden on the property tax base."
- Excerpt: "Immigrants must enter the country through our legal process. Americans understand that immigrants want to improve their lives, but the law must be followed. Taxes must be paid, and economic strength means retaining jobs for citizens."
- Excerpt: "Although every person should have access to health care, it should not be provided for by the government. Our health care system is financially burdensome and reforms are necessary to make coverage more accessible. However government-run and government-financed health care is the wrong answer. Medical decisions must remain a private matter between patient and provider."
- Excerpt: "I've had friends go to China, Russia, and Guatemala to adopt children due to the scarcity of adoption opportunities here. It seems quite obvious that we should be strongly promoting adoption over abortion."