|Central Valley Board of Directors, District 2|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Central Washington University|
Dingus earned a B.S. in Accounting from Central Washington University in 1986. He is currently a managing partner at accounting firm Dingus, Zarecor & Associates. Dingus has volunteered with community groups like the Arc of Spokane and United Way. He has two children who currently attend district schools.
Dingus sought a third full term on the board without opposition on November 5, 2013.
|Central Valley Board of Directors, Four-year term, District 2, 2013|
|Source: Spokane County Elections, "Election Results," November 26, 2013|
Dingus reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Dingus won re-election to the board without opposition on November 3, 2009.
|Central Valley Board of Directors, District 2, November 3, 2009|
|Nonpartisan||Tom Dingus Incumbent||100%||14,579|
|Source: Spokane County Elections, "Election Results," November 24, 2009|
What was at stake?
Incumbents Dingus and Amy Mason won re-election to seats in Districts 2 and 5 without opposition on November 5, 2013.
About the district
Spokane Valley lags behind the rest of Washington based on median income, poverty levels and higher education achievement. The 2010 U.S. Census found the median income in Spokane Valley was $47,759 while the state median income was $58,890. The city's poverty rate was 13.7% compared to the state's 12.5% poverty rate. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (19.5%) was lower than the state average (31.4%).
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Dingus + Central + Valley + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Central Valley School District, "Meet the School Board," accessed October 1, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," accessed December 17, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Spokane Valley," accessed October 24, 2013
- Washington Secretary of State, "Pre-2004 Election Results," accessed August 5, 2013
- Spokane County Elections, "Results and Statistics from Previous Elections," accessed August 5, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014