|Virginia State Senate District 29|
|Bachelor's||University of Louisiana at Monroe|
|Service/branch||United States Navy Reserve|
Gordy earned a bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Louisiana at Monroe. He went on to receive his M.A. in Political Management from Regent University.
Gordy is the owner of River Woods Retreat. He formerly served for six years as staff member for two Virginia Congressman. He has also served in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate, District 29 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Charles Colgan Incumbent||55.1%||13,365|
Gordy's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- New Solutions for Prince William
- Excerpt: "In these difficult economic times, Tom Gordy will provide commonsense, families-first solutions to improve our economy, roads, and schools."
- Attract Business & Create New Jobs
- Excerpt: "Tom understands that businesses are wary of hiring new employees in our uncertain economic climate."
- Keep Taxes Low & Control Wasteful Spending
- Excerpt: "Tom supports balancing the budget and focusing tax dollars on the core functions of government."
- Ease Traffic Congestion
- Excerpt: "Tom advocates prioritizing the State transportation budget to focus on building new roads and interchanges in areas that see the most traffic and on transit solutions which will get us to and from work quickly and efficiently."
- Improve Our Public Schools
- Excerpt: "Tom supports basing teacher pay on performance, retaining more dollars in the classroom where they are most effective and ensuring that our brightest students have access to Virginia’s universities before out-of-state and foreign students."
Gordy and his wife, Theresa, have two children.
- Tom Gordy's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Tom Gordy on Facebook
- Tom Gordy on Twitter