Tom Hansen (South Dakota politician)
|South Dakota State Senate, District 22|
|2005 - 2013|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University, 1961|
|Master's||South Dakota State University, 1963|
|Birthday||August 28, 1939|
|Place of birth||Mansfield, South Dakota|
Hansen served in the South Dakota House of Representatives from 2001 to 2003.
Hansen earned his B.S. from the South Dakota State University in 1961 and his M.S. in Animal Science from South Dakota State University in 1963. Now retired, his professional experience includes working as a nutritionist and banker.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hansen has been assigned to the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota State Senate, Chair
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hansen served on the following committees while a member of the South Dakota House of Representatives:
- Appropriations Committee, South Dakota House, Vice Chair
- Legislative Procedure Committee, South Dakota House
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, South Dakota Senate
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota Senate
|South Dakota State Senate, District 22 (2010)|
|Tom Hansen (R)||5,192||57.59%|
|Perry Danforth (D)||3,823||42.41%|
Hansen raised $44,556 for his campaign while Hargens raised $15,265.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 22 (2008)|
|Tom Hansen (R)||5,026||50.94%|
|Dale Hargens (D)||4,840||49.06%|
In 2010, Hansen received $30,740 in campaign donations. The largest contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Hansen (South Dakota politician)'s campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Senate Republicans Campaign Cmte||$2,000|
|South Dakota Republican Party||$1,760|
|South Dakota Corn Growers Association||$1,000|
|South Dakota Association Of Realtors||$750|
|South Dakota State Medical Association||$700|
|Total Raised in 2010||$30,740|
Hansen raised $46,556 during the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Senate Republican Committee of South Dakota||$10,000|
|South Dakota Republican Party||$9,101|
|Warren Lotsberg for State House 2006 Campaign Committee||$1,000|
|Kevin and Carmen Schieffer||$1,000|
|Daugaard for South Dakota||$1,000|
|Jeff and Linda Erickson||$1,000|
Hansen and his wife, Marge, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + Hansen + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the South Dakota Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|South Dakota House District 21
| Succeeded by|
|South Dakota Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|