Tom Hansen (South Dakota politician)
|South Dakota State Senate District 22|
|January 8, 2013|
|Years in position||8|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University, 1961|
|Master's||South Dakota State University, 1963|
|Birthday||August 28, 1939|
|Place of birth||Mansfield, SD|
Previously, Hansen served in the South Dakota House of Representatives from 2001-2002.
Hansen is currently retired. He previously worked as a nutritionist and a banker.
Hansen earned his BS from the South Dakota State University in 1961. He went on to earn a Master of Science in Animal Science from South Dakota State University in 1963.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hansen has been assigned to the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota State Senate, Chair
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hansen served on the following committees while a member of the South Dakota House of Representatives:
- Appropriations Committee, South Dakota House, Vice Chair
- Legislative Procedure Committee, South Dakota House
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, South Dakota Senate
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota Senate
|South Dakota State Senate, District 22 (2010)|
|Tom Hansen (R)||5,192||57.59%|
|Perry Danforth (D)||3,823||42.41%|
Hansen raised $44,556 for his campaign while Hargens raised $15,265. 
|South Dakota State Senate, District 22 (2008)|
|Tom Hansen (R)||5,026||50.94%|
|Dale Hargens (D)||4,840||49.06%|
In 2010, Hansen received $30,740 in campaign donations. The largest contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Hansen (South Dakota politician)'s campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Senate Republicans Campaign Cmte||$2,000|
|South Dakota Republican Party||$1,760|
|South Dakota Corn Growers Association||$1,000|
|South Dakota Association Of Realtors||$750|
|South Dakota State Medical Association||$700|
|Total Raised in 2010||$30,740|
Hansen raised $46,556 during the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Senate Republican Committee of South Dakota||$10,000|
|South Dakota Republican Party||$9,101|
|Warren Lotsberg for State House 2006 Campaign Committee||$1,000|
|Kevin and Carmen Schieffer||$1,000|
|Daugaard for South Dakota||$1,000|
|Jeff and Linda Erickson||$1,000|
Hansen and his wife Marge have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + Hansen + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Top of the class for May 19 - Rapid City Journal - Rapid City Journal
- SD Lawmakers Who Travel The Most - KELOLAND TV
- Jane Kelly's experience rare on US appeals court - KOB.com
- DFL lawmaker: Compromise reached on frac sand regulations - Minnesota Public Radio
- Great Plains AP Broadcast Contest winners - Valley News Live
- Senate Confirms Jane Kelly to 8th Circuit Court of Appeals - KCRG
- MERCER: Mickelson laid cornerstone for economic development - Daily Republic
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Profile from the South Dakota Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|South Dakota House District 21
| Succeeded by|
|South Dakota Senate District 22
| Succeeded by|