Tom Hatfield, Blair Nash, Tom Tipton and Stan Spencer recall, Glide School District, Oregon (2010)
There are five seats on the Glide School Board and only one board member, Ed Balfour, was not targeted for recall.
Those supporting the recall objected to the reassignment of high school principal Pam Maurice to the Glide Middle School.
However, in early June, the board voted to reverse its decision to move Maurice to the middle school.
School board chair Blair Nash, one of the four recall targets, resigned from the school board on June 10. He said, "I've been beat up for six to eight weeks about Pam Maurice. You get chewed out if you decide one way, and chewed out if you decide the other."
Path to the ballot
420 signatures of registered voters were required for each recall petition. The signatures had to be collected by August 23.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 KPIC", "Group wants to recall Glide School Board members", May 25, 2010
- ↑ KEZI, "School Board Recall Dropped", August 27, 2010
- ↑ KEZI, "Glide Resident Submitts Petition to Recall School Board Members", May 26, 2010
- ↑ KPIC, "Glide School Board reverses decisions", June 3, 2010
- ↑ News Review Today, "Glide School Board chairman resigns", June 11, 2010