Tom Hatfield, Blair Nash, Tom Tipton and Stan Spencer recall, Glide School District, Oregon (2010)
An effort to recall Tom Hatfield, Blair Nash, Tom Tipton and Stan Spencer from their positions on the Glide School Board in Oregon began in May 2010. The recall effort did not go to a vote because organizers stopped collecting petitions in August 2010.
Recall supporter arguments
Kathy Roles targeted four out of five members on the Glide School Board. The recall effort was driven by the reassignment of high school principal Pam Maurice to the Glide Middle School. In early June, the board voted to reverse its decision to move Maurice to the middle school. Blair Nash resigned from the school board on June 10, 2010, citing public reaction to the board vote regarding Pam Maurice. Nash's resignation allowed recall organizers to focus on the remaining three targets during the petition drive.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Oregon
Organizers had to gather 1,260 signatures or 420 signatures for each recall target by August 23, 2010. Recall supporters gathered 383 signatures before ending their petition drive. Roles suggested that the recall effort succeeded in forcing the board to respond to public concerns.
- KPIC, "Group wants to recall Glide School Board members," May 25, 2010
- KEZI, "School Board Recall Dropped," August 27, 2010
- KEZI, "Glide Resident Submitts Petition to Recall School Board Members," May 26, 2010
- KPIC, "Glide School Board reverses decisions," June 3, 2010
- News Review Today, "Glide School Board chairman resigns," June 11, 2010
- Anne Creighton, The News-Review, "Glide School Board recall dropped," August 25, 2010
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |