|Georgia House of Representatives, District 26|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 24|
Knox is an attorney.
- Appropriations Committee
- Industrial Relations Committee
- Insurance Committee (Chair)
- Judiciary - Non-Civil Committee
- Subcommittee on Crimes Against Children/Controlled Substances/General
- Subcommittee on Crimes Against Persons, Property and Public Administration (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Labor/Management Relations (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Public Saftey
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Geoffrey L. Duncan defeated Thomas P. "Tom" Knox in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Geoff Duncan Incumbent||60.8%||3,612|
Knox ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 26. Knox was defeated by Geoff L. Duncan in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives District 26 Republican Primary, 2012|
In 2008 Know was re-elected to the Georgia House of Representatives District 24. Knox (R) ran unopposed and finished with 30,285 votes.
|Georgia House of Representatives District 24|
|Tom Knox (R)||30,285|
In 2008, Knox collected $51,150 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Georgia Medical Association||$4,000|
|Georgia State Farm Agents||$3,000|
|Georgia Association of Health Underwriters||$2,300|
Knox is a member of many organizations, including Atlanta Pier and Sail Association, Forsyth County Criminal Defense Bar, Forsyth County Humane Society, Georgia Bar Association, Georgia Right To Life, Good Shepherd Church, Mentor Me Association, and the National Rifle Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Knox + Georgia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia House of Representatives
- Georgia House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia House of Representatives District 26
- Georgia House of Representatives - Rep. Tom Knox
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Tom Knox on Facebook
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Associated Press, "Results," accessed July 31, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- 2008 contributions to Tom Knox
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Knox Biography," accessed April 25, 2014
|Georgia House of Representatives District 24
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |