|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|Mayor, City of Dallas|
|Bachelor's||Claremont McKenna College, 1977|
|Master's||Harvard Business School, 1979|
|Date of birth||June 15, 1954|
|(timed out) Campaign website|
Leppert earned his B.A. in Economics/Accounting from Claremont McKenna College in 1977. He went on to receive his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School in 1979. Leppert served as the Mayor of the City of Dallas from 2007 to 2011.
Leppert's campaign website listed the following issues, among others:
- Excerpt: "The federal government must rein in spending and make real cuts to discretionary spending. Rolling discretionary spending back to 2008 levels and freezing it there until we get our debt under control is only a first step."
- Washington's Destructive Spending
- Excerpt: "I oppose and would have voted against the TARP legislation that Congress passed in 2008, and I also would have opposed and voted against the federal bailouts for the US auto manufacturers and others passed by Congress in 2009."
- Excerpt: "The Bush tax cuts should be extended permanently. While the two-year extension may boost consumer spending in the short term, it will not have the intended impact on business investment and job creation because of the continued uncertainty of tax rates in the longer term."
- Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "While it is critical to restrain federal spending, it is just as important that we have a strong, growing economy. This requires revisions in our tax policy, regulatory structure, property rights and litigation."
- Excerpt: "I do not support any form of amnesty. I support legal immigration and recognize our nation's greatness has come in part from those who have come here legally for years. A policy must begin with adequate control of the borders. "
- Excerpt: "I would vote to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with market-based solutions. ObamaCare is unconstitutional, forcing families to purchase health insurance or pay a fine. It also places new mandates on small businesses that will cost even more jobs."
- The Constitution
- Excerpt: "The Constitution is the law, plain and simple. It contains the principles that have guided our country for generations. In the Senate, I will ensure that any legislation that receives my support is fundamentally accountable to and consistent with our founding document."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I support and will fight to defend Americans' right to bear arms."
- National Security
- Excerpt: "One of the most important responsibilities of government is to keep our country safe from threats around the world. We must provide our troops with the equipment and support they need to succeed in their mission, stay safe and come home to their families as quickly as possible."
- Excerpt: "I am proudly pro-life. This is first and foremost a faith issue to me and my beliefs are dictated by the Word. Throughout both my public and private sector experiences, I have boldly stood for life. Life is sacred, and I believe abortion is the wrong choice."
Leppert and his wife, Laura, have three children.
- Campaign website (timed out)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- YouTube channel
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |