For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 75|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|High school||Morton High School|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi State University|
|Place of birth||Morton, Mississippi|
|Profession||Owner, Tom Miles Insurance|
Miles graduated from Mississippi State University. His professional experience includes owning an insurance business in Forest.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Miles served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Public Health and Human Services|
|• Public Property|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
Miles' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- EDUCATION: "Full funding of our public schools, our community colleges and our universities. No excuses. Our students get the state funding they need. If we are going to hold our students to the highest standards, then we must not short-change them!"
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: "Making economic development a priority for Scott County, which means working with the public officials and business leaders who create new jobs, supporting our small business owners and speaking out for Scott County at the State Capitol."
- HEALTH CARE: "We must have a state health care system that never forgets our senior citizens. They were there for us, and we should be there for them. It is a moral imperative."
- LAW ENFORCEMENT: "Our fire, sheriff and police departments need more resources and better equipment. As an interstate county, we face extra challenges, our emergency officials need to be readily equipped to meet them."
- FAMILY FARMS: "Every family farmer must know that government will support them in every way possible. I will be a strong voice for our local poultry farmers who make up a large segment of our local economy."
- HONESTY AND INTEGRITY: "Scott County deserves a representative who will return your phone calls, listen to your ideas, stand by his word, and work day and night for Scott County."
On November 8, 2011, Miles won election to District 75 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Republican candidate Brenda Whatley-Kirby in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 75 General Election, 2011|
In 2011, Miles received $31,040 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Miles's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$2,500|
|M H P||$2,500|
|House Democratic Leadership Of Mississippi||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$31,040|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,040|
|Cost of each vote received||$6.16|
Miles and his wife, Mandy, have one daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Tom + Miles + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Tom Miles 2011, "Meet Tom Miles," accessed November 2, 2011
- Tom Miles, "Issues," accessed October 27, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
Tracy Arinder, Jr.
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 75
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |