Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 73|
Norton's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-life and will fight to restrict abortion at the state level to the furthest ability and authority allowed by the federal government to the states. This includeds [sic] proposing legislation, which simply states life begins at conception."
- Excerpt: "I am a full supporter of public schools, charter schools, and private schools. I feel that all students are worth the same amount of money. Therefore, they should have the ability to attend public, charter, or private schools; the money spent on their education goes to the schools which they attend."
- Excerpt: "I will fight for the total eradication of business taxes in order to spur permanent economic growth. No business will stay in Michigan if the cost of doing business is too high. This includes the hidden taxs [sic] of over goverment [sic] regulation, which cost michigan [sic] buisness [sic] billions of dollars each year."
Goverment [sic] Waste
- Excerpt: "I also promise to fight and defend my belief in one vote, one bill legislation. This would require that a bill that is passed through the state legislature would be required to pertain to the original spirit of the bill."
- Excerpt: "I support the right of people to practice their faith without government intervention. This includes the right of people to display their faith without recourse. I will fight for and propose legislation which will protect businesses and private schools from religious persecution eradicating laws which restrict people from displaying religious symbols in their established place of business or education."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mary Polonowski was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Chris Afendoulis defeated six other challengers in the Republican primary.
Norton was a Republican candidate for District 73 in the Michigan House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. Norton was defeated by Peter MacGregor in the Republican primary on August 3, 2010.
In 2014, Norton's endorsements included the following:
- Republican Liberty Caucus
- Ian Harris- Afgahn and Iraq War Vet
- Brett Wenzel- Afghan and Iraq War Vet
- Dean Decanter- Afghan and Iraq War Vet
- Nick Green- Afghan Vet
- Maiko Mottie- Iraq War Vet
- Dave Agema- Republican National Committeeman
- Lt. COL (Retired) Denny Gillem- Radio Show Host "Front Lines of Freedom"
- William Mohr- Former USTP State Chair
- Steve Grimm- Cannon Twp Supervisor
- Bill Brinkman- Plainfield Twp Treasurer
- David Grant- Plainfield Twp Trustee
- Earl Teft- American Legion and VFW former post commander
- Rev. Ivory Smith- City of Grand Rapids board member
- Lisa Hydenburg- Nelson twp deputy clerk
- Treasurer Roger Modderman III- Allendale Township Treasurer
- Ken Williams- Former Sand Lake Police Chief and Courtland twp fire fighter.
- Robert Carlstrom- Republican precinct delegate and Rockford Micro Brewery owner.
- Chad Stout- From Stout reality family
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Norton + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 73
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Tom Norton on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- votingnorton.com, "Issues," accessed July 31, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Official Election Results 2010," accessed August 14, 2012
- votingnorton.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 31, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |