Tom Reynolds (Connecticut)
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 42|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of New Haven|
|Master's||Trinity College, 1994|
|Date of birth||02/26/1967|
|Place of birth||Ames, IA|
Reynolds' professional experience includes working as the President of Reynolds Consulting, Limited Liability Company, Director of Institutional Advancement for The Williams School, Associate Secretary/Associate Director of Development for Connecticut College and Aide to United States Senator Joe Lieberman.
He is a member of the American Red Cross of New London County Board, Ledyard Education Foundation Board and the Ledyard Rotary Foundation.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Reynolds served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Elementary and Secondary Education
- Subcommittee on Regulation and Protection, Co-Chair
- Subcommittee on Results-Based Accountability
- Education Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
- Legislative Management Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
- Planning and Development Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Reynolds served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Connecticut General Assembly
- Education Committee (K-12)
- Planning and Development
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2012
|Connecticut State Senate, District 19 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Reynolds ran for re-election to the 42nd District seat in 2010. He defeated John A. Rodolico (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 42 General Election (2010)|
|Tom Reynolds (D)||4,397|
|John A. Rodolico (R)||3,339|
On November 4, 2008, Reynolds won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives from Connecticut's 42nd District. Reynolds ran unopposed in the general election, and he received 8,131 votes. Reynolds raised $12,344 for his campaign.
In 2010, Reynolds raised $27,397 in contributions.
His largest contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $26,000 to his campaign.
Reynolds received endorsements from:
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
Reynolds received a score of 0 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied with 72 others for the lowest score among the 152 scored members of the Connecticut House of Representatives. This score was 3 lower than his score of 3 for the 2009-10 term.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tom + Reynolds + Connecticut + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- Connecticut House Committees
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Tom Reynolds' campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Tom Reynolds on Facebook
- Tom Reynolds on Twitter
- Tom Reynolds on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed June 18, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results for 2012," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "CT House official election results for 2008," November 5, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed December 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- the Day, "CEA endorses Reynolds" accessed August 7, 2012
- Norwich Bulletin, "State Senate candidate Reynolds gets AFT Connecticut endorsement" accessed August 7, 2012
- Yankee Institute for Public Policy, "Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12," October 19, 2012
|Connecticut State House District 42
| Succeeded by|
Timothy R. Bowles (D)
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |