|Minnesota House of Representatives District 5A|
|1987 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||Mesabi Range Community and Technical College|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Date of birth||August 23, 1950|
Rukavina has worked as a legal assistant. He previously served on the Pike Township Town Board and was Chair of the city of Virginia School Board.
He is a member of the Minnesota Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board.
Rukavina is single and has 2 children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rukavina served on these committees:
- Capital Investment
- Higher Education Policy and Finance, Ranking Minority Member
- Ways and Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Rukavina served on these committees:
- Higher Education and Workforce Development Finance and Policy Division (Chair)
- Capital Investment Finance Division
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 5A (2010)|
|Tom Rukavina (DFL)||11,799||70.81%|
|Greg Knutson (R)||4,842||29.06%|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 5A (2008)|
|Tom Rukavina (DFL)||16,230||78.33%|
|Greg Knutson (R)||4,461||21.53%|
In 2010, Rukavina received $30,904 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Rukavina's campaign in 2010|
|5th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$1,200|
|Minneapolis Firefighters Relief Association East Side Station||$500|
|Great River Energy Action Team State||$500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 589||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$30,904|
Rukavina raised $51,206 for his campaign.
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Tom Rukavina's 2008 campaign.
|5th Senate District Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$2,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Tom + Rukavina + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tom Rukavina's campaign website
- Representative Rukavina's Webpage at the Minnesota House of Representatives
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Tom Rukavina on Facebook
- Tom Rukavina on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Rukavina
- The Political Animal, "Medical Marijuana Vetoed," May 22, 2009
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Report of Votes Cast - Minnesota State Primary - Tuesday, August 10, 2010," accessed November 29, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State of Minnesota Canvassing Report," accessed November 29, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed January 1, 2015
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Tom's 2008 campaign contributions
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
|Minnesota State House District 5A
| Succeeded by|
John Persell (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |