|Montana House of Representatives, District 99|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Retired fire chief|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Steenberg served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Federal Relations, Energy, and Telecommunications, Vice Chair|
|• Local Government|
|• Business and Labor|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Steenberg served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Federal Relations, Energy, and Telecommunications|
|• Local Government|
In a profile by the Missoulian, Steenberg said he opposed repealing the Affordable Care Act, and "would support expanding Medicaid" in the state. While positive on renewable energy and incentives to produce it, he was more skeptical of traditional energy sources, saying that "environmental, social and economic impacts that should be examined," and that "oil-and-gas development [should] not come at the expense of our natural resource environment or cultural treasures."
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Incumbent Tom Steenberg was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election. Incumbent Kimberly Dudik (D) ran in District 94.
Steenberg won election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 95. Steenberg ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Karen K. Meyer (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 96, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Steenberg is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Steenberg raised a total of $11,550 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Tom Steenberg's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 95||$11,550|
|Grand Total Raised||$11,550|
2012Steenberg won election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Steenberg raised a total of $11,550.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Steenberg's campaign in 2012|
|Montana State AFL-CIO||$160|
|Ironworkers District Council Of The Pacific Northwest||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$11,550|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Steenberg + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Missoulian, "House District 95: Tom Steenberg, Democrat," accessed October 17, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Steenberg, Tom," accessed September 25, 2013
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
Diane Sands (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 95
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |