Tomas E. Salazar
|Tomás E. Salazar|
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 70|
|December 31, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico Highlands University|
|Master's||University of Montana|
|Ph.D.||University of New Mexico|
Salazar earned his B.S. in Mathematics from the New Mexico Highlands University, his M.A. in Mathematics from the Mathematics from the University of New Mexico.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Salazar served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations and Finance|
|• Enrolling and Engrossing - B|
- Excerpt: "As an incumbent, I can best serve others by directing my education, expertise and experience toward confronting the many challenges facing my district and New Mexico. The most pressing, for my constituents, include: Creating opportunities to generate economic development; increasing the opportunity for accessible, quality public education; establishing policy and infrastructure that will ensure sustainable water quantities for safe domestic and agricultural use; establishing policy to protect the environment while balancing the concerns of the extractive industries; and attending to local infrastructure demands. I will focus my energy on addressing those needs."
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Tomas E. Salazar defeated Richard Vigil in the Democratic primary. Salazar is unchallenged in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 70 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Tomas E. Salazar Incumbent||52.2%||2,552|
Salazar ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 70. He defeated incumbent Richard D. Vigil in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Salazar was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 70, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tomas E. Salazar||100%||8,441|
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 70 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Tomas E. Salazar||55.3%||2,526|
|Richard D. Vigil Incumbent||44.7%||2,044|
Comprehensive donor information for Salazar is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Salazar raised a total of $16,696 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 28, 2013.
|Tomas E. Salazar's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State House, District 70||$16,696|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,696|
2012Salazar won election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Salazar raised a total of $16,696.
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tomas E. Salazar's campaign in 2012|
|Committee to Re-elect W. Ken Martinez||$750|
|New Mexico Realtors Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,696|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Salazar and his wife, Loretta, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tomas + Salazar + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- www.abqjournal.com, "House District 70 (D) – Tomás Salazar (i)," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Salazar, Tomas E.," accessed May 28, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Tomas Salazar's Biography," accessed May 15, 2014
Richard Vigil (D)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 70
| Succeeded by|