Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Carolina State Senate District 6|
Reece filed to run in the 2012 election for South Carolina State Senate District 6. She would have faced Chris Sullivan and incumbent Michael Fair in the Republican primary on June 12, but was decertified from the ballot. She filed and was accepted as a Petition Candidate and was on the ballot for the November 6 general election where she was defeated.
|South Carolina State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Michael Fair Incumbent||69.3%||24,758|
|Republican (Petition)||Tommie Reece||30.2%||10,808|
Due to a filing dispute in South Carolina, Reece was removed from the ballot on June 7, just days before the primary. Betty Poe, chairwoman of the Greenville County GOP, claimd, "Neither Wyatt Miler in Senate District 5 nor Tommie Reece in Senate District 6 simultaneously filed a copy of a Statement of Economic Interest (SEI) with a Statement of Intention of Candidacy (SIC) at the time they filed for the office of senator with the Greenville County Republican Party."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tommie + Reece + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- AP.org "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" Accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," accessed April 25, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, “2012 General Election – Official Results,” November 19, 2012
- WSPA "Two More Upstate Candidates Booted from Ballot; Upheaval Continues Statewide," accessed June 8, 2012
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |