|Arkansas House of Representatives District 55|
|2007 - January 10, 2013|
|Per diem||$136/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
Baker works in financial services.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Baker served on these committees:
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly, Chair
- Joint Budget Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- City, County and Local Affairs Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Local Government Personnel
- Subcommittee on Courts and Civil Law
- Subcommittee on Executive
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Baker served on these committees:
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- City, County and Local Affairs Committee, Arkansas House (Chair)
- Judiciary Committee, Arkansas House
- House Rules Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Claims Review (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on Corrections and Criminal Law
- Subcommittee on Hospital and Medicaid Study
Baker's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1240 - "TO MODIFY THE AMOUNT OF VOTES REQUIRED TO BE ELECTED TO A MUNICIPAL POSITION WITHOUT A RUNOFF."
- HB 1315 - "REGARDING THE REQUIREMENTS OF ANNUAL REPORTS BY MAYORS OF CITIES OF THE FIRST CLASS."
- HB 1465 - "TO UPDATE PROCEDURES FOR VIOLATIONS OF COUNTY ORDINANCES."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Baker won seeking re-election to the 55th district seat in 2010. He faced no opposition.
Baker raised $15,150 for his campaign.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tommy Baker's campaign in 2010|
|Harris Jr, Joe||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$10,550|
Below are Baker's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Southwestern Electric Power||$750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tommy + Baker + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- 'Mud' Review - Screen Rant - Screen Rant
- Vilonia makes progress two years after tornado - Arkansas Online - Arkansas Online (subscription)
- Wonkbook: Immigration reform debuts - Washington Post - Washington Post (blog)
- The Fix's top 15 gubernatorial races - Washington Post - Washington Post (blog)
- RiverRun reviews - Winston-Salem Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Tommy Baker
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
|Arkansas House District 55
| Succeeded by|
Monte Hodges (D)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | FOIA procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |