|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina State Senate District 29|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Davis' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Every child deserves a high quality education in a well-funded public school. Diverting funds to private and charter schools undermines the quality of education the vast majority of NC students receive. Keep public money in our public schools as our constitution intended."
Environment And Fracking
- Excerpt: "We should maintain a moratorium on fracking until NC can review proposed environmental rules being drafted by the MEC."
- Excerpt: "Re-instate Sunday voting, longer early voting, and return to the ID system that NC has used for decades with out fraud."
Tax Policy And The Budget
- Excerpt: "The tax burden rests with 80% of North Carolinians. The other 20% are those who could afford to pay more taxes to offset the burden on family paychecks. One simple solution is to stop legislating tax-loopholes for corporations. Restoring the one-cent sales tax would provide additional funds for public schools."
- Excerpt: "Animals should be cared for in a humane and socially responsible environment. North Carolina must pass laws to protect animals. Mistreatment, abuse, neglect, and intentional harm should be met with serious penalties to the fullest extent of our laws."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Jerry W. Tillman was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Tommy Davis was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Tillman defeated Davis in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 29 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jerry Tillman Incumbent||70.9%||41,100|
|North Carolina State Senate District 29 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jerry W. Tillman Incumbent||67.1%||18,285|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tommy + Davis + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 29
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Tommy Davis on Facebook
- tommydavisforncsenate.org, "Issues," accessed August 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 12, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results, 2012," accessed June 18, 2012