|Mississippi State Senate District 43|
|2008 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|J.D.||Mississippi College Jackson School of Law|
|Date of birth||11/02/1945|
|Place of birth||Pascagoula, MS|
Dickerson served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1993 to 2003 and again from 2008 to 2012.
Dickerson is an Attorney.
Dickerson attended Perkinston Junior College and the University of Southern Mississippi. He then earned his J.D. from Mississippi College Jackson School of Law.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Dickerson was appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Elections Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Forestry Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Highways and Transportation Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ports and Marine Resources Committee, Mississippi Senate
Dickerson did not run for re-election in 2011.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
George Dickerson raised $9,450 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 43|
|George Dickerson (D)||9011||53%|
|James Walley (R)||7987||47%|
In 2009 George Dickerson collected $1,700 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Grand Trunk Western Railroad Co.||$250|
Dickerson and his wife, Marie, have two children.
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999
|Mississippi State Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|