For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 13|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Sherer's professional experience includes working as a Principal for Jasper City Schools from 1990 to 2002 and Public Relations Director from 1998 to 1990.
Sherer is a member of the Kiwanis Club, Cattlemen's Association, Children's Policy Council, First Baptist Church of Jasper, Mental Health Advisory Board and Sons of the American Legion.
Sherer's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are provided. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not provide an answer when asked his top legislative priorities.
Sherer formerly served on the following committees:
- Constitution and Elections Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Vice Chair)
- Education Policy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Government Appropriations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Local Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Allocations
- Subcommittee on Elementary and Secondary (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Voting Qualifications and Election Procedures (Chair)
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 13 General Election (2010)|
|Bill Roberts (R)||7,990|
|Tommy Sherer (D)||5,186|
Sherer raised $54,561 for his campaign, while Brooks raised $500.
|Alabama State House, District 13 (2006)|
|Tommy Sherer (D)||7,298|
|James Brooks (R)||3,202|
In 2006, Sherer collected $54,561 in donations.
Below are Sherer's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$12,500|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$3,228|
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tommy + Sherer + Alabama + House + Legislature" Tommy Sherer News Feed
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House Committees
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Tommy Sherer
- Project Vote Smart - Tommy Sherer
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed November 19, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue Positions," accessed November 19, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed November 19, 2014
|Alabama House District 13
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|