Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 6|
|Profession||Private School Administrator|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Askew's professional experience includes working as a private school administrator, teacher, and military police in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Askew's website highlights the following campaign themes:
RIGHT TO LIFE
- Excerpt:"I strongly believe that a child in the womb has the same constitutional rights to life as a healthy 40 year old or an 80 year old who must have oxygen at all times to live."
RIGHT TO WORK
- Excerpt:"There is nothing in the constitution that allows our Government to work with, support and create laws that back Unions and help them enforce laws that take dues from members and then spend them to support causes that the member does not support, nor should they be allowed to require those fees as a condition of employment. I fully support Right to Work laws."
- Excerpt:"I am strongly apposed to prevailing wage laws. These laws have very negative impact on small towns and rural ares. Those regulations should be left to local entities to decide."
CONSTITUTION AND TEN COMMANDMENTS
- Excerpt:"I believe that no law should exist that is not fully supported by both!"
RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS
- Excerpt:"No part of the constitution allows our government to regulate gun ownership. My entire family are avid hunters and feel it is an important part of conservation."
PARENTS RIGHT TO EDUCATE THEIR CHILD
- Excerpt:"No part of the constitution allows our government to take our money and tell us where we must educate our child. We must be allowed to use that money for public, private, charter or home school."
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Alan R. Wyatt||16.8%||688|
Askew and his wife, Barbara, have four children; Nikita, Caleb, Danika, and Devon.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tony + Askew + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |