|Ohio House of Representatives District 82|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Paulding County commissioner|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Burkley served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• State and Local Government|
|• Economic Development and Regulatory Reform|
In November 2013, Burkley and Rep. Robert Hackett introduced a measure in the state house that allows any driver who hits and kills “a feral hog, wild board, or a wild turkey” to keep the animal after reporting it to wildlife or law enforcement within 24 hours. The bill also added feral hogs to the game list, which allows the state to establish a hunting season and bag limit for those animals. The bill passed the state house by a vote of 94-1.
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Tony Burkley defeated Brett Eley in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 82 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Tony Burkley Incumbent||74.6%||6,545|
Burkley won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 82. Burkley was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Pete Schlegel (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 82, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Burkley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Burkley raised a total of $76,198 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Tony Burkley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 82||$76,198|
|Grand Total Raised||$76,198|
2012Burkley won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Burkley raised a total of $76,198.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tony Burkley's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio Republican Party||$47,376|
|Auglaize County Republican Party||$5,000|
|Ohio House Republican Organizational Committee||$2,970|
|Cooper, Cheryl J.||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$76,198|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
Burkley and his wife, Nancy, have two daughters. They currently reside in Payne, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tony + Burkley + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Thevwindependent.com, "Burkley seeking new Ohio House seat," accessed September 28, 2012
- Fox News, "Legislative ‘pork’ takes on new meaning in Ohio," accessed December 6, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Burkley, Tony," accessed June 5, 2013
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 82
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |