For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Tony Mack recall, Trenton, New Jersey (2011)
According to Mack at the time of the recall effort materialization: "The voters spoke, I heard them loud and clear. I’m grateful that they chose me to serve.”
The recall effort failed, as it failed to collect enough signatures by the petition drive deadline.
Community activist Kevin Moriarty filed a formal complaint on July 5, 2011 with the Trenton Police Department against three men he alleged were trying to intimidate recall signature collectors.
One of the three named in his complaint was Trenton Central High School Head Football Coach Raphiel Mack, brother of the mayor. According to Moriarty, when he tried to record the alleged intimidation session, one of the men reportedly grew loud and made inappropriate gestures towards him.
Path to the ballot
Supporters of the recall effort had until November 15, 2011 to collect approximately 10,000 signatures to schedule a recall election. According to reports, supporters planned to collect about 12,000 signatures. The recall effort failed to collect enough signatures, gathering only about 9,860 signatures.
Harassment by recall opponents
In December 2012, two of Mack's supporters, Terrance Bailey and Rodney Washington, pleaded guilty to disorderly persons offenses stemming from a 2011 incident in which they harassed volunteers gathering signatures to recall Mack. Similar charges were dropped against Mack's brother, Ralphiel Mack. The incident took place in July 2011. Bailey and Washington used cursing and racially charged language in an attempt to intimidate recall supporters.
- NJ.com, "Group seeking Trenton Mayor Tony Mack recall opens headquarters, is joined by Mack's campaign chair," August 5, 2011
- NJ.com, "Mack foe files complaint against three men who intimidated volunteers working to recall Trenton mayor," July 6, 2011
- ABCLocal, "Petition drive underway to recall Trenton mayor," September 22, 2011
- NJ.com, "Committee to recall Mayor Mack fails to collect 9,860 needed signatures to force special election," November 15, 2011
- NJ.com, "Supporters of Trenton Mayor Tony Mack plead guilty following confrontation with recall activist," December 13, 2012