|Maryland House of Delegates District 33|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||12|
|Deputy Minority Whip, Maryland State House of Delegates|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland, College Park, 1986|
|J.D.||University of Maryland School of Law, 1990|
|Date of birth||November 21, 1963|
|Place of birth||Cheverly, Maryland|
McConkey's professional experience includes working as a Realtor with Re/Max and Property Manager for Aegis Management.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, McConkey served on the following committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2015|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McConkey served on these committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2011|
Note: McConkey also served on the Oversight Committee on Personnel, the Subcommittee on Estates and Trusts and the Subcommittee on Health and Human Resources.
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McConkey served on these committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2009|
Note: McConkey also served on the Subcommittee on Estates and Trusts.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Kostas Alexakis, Tom Angelis and Henry Green were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Sid Saab and incumbents Tony McConkey and Cathy Vitale defeated Jamie Falcon, Jeff Ferguson, Jeff Gauges and Nora Keenan in the Republican primary. Saab, McConkey and Vitale defeated Alexakis, Angelis and Green for three seats in the general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 33A General Election (2010)|
|Cathy Vitale (R)||24,046|
|Tony McConkey (R)||18,612|
|Madonna Brennan (D)||14,818|
On November 7, 2006, Tony McConkey ran for District 33A of the Maryland House of Delegates, winning the second of two seats, losing to James King but beating Patricia Weathersbee, and Paul Rudolph.
Tony McConkey raised $89,829 for his campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 33A|
|James King (R)||18,542||29.0%|
|Tony McConkey (R)||16,655||26.0%|
|Patricia Weathersbee (D)||15,226||23.8%|
|Paul Rudolph (D)||13,461||21.0%|
In 2010, a year in which McConkey was up for re-election, he collected $51,736 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tony McConkey's campaign in 2010|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$3,225|
|Friends Of Bill Frank Cmte||$1,200|
|Furth, Elaine M||$1,000|
|Anne Arundel County Licensed Beverage Association Inc||$600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$51,736|
In 2006, Tony McConkey collected $89,829 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Realtors Association||$5,350|
|Hopkins Roads Associates||$4,000|
|Campaign for Maryland||$2,785|
McConkey is a member of the Lions Club, National Conference of State Legislatures, and Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Tony + McConkey + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 33A
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Tony McConkey
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "McConkey's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, Tony McConkey," accessed March 25, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McConkey's Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |