Tony Moore (North Carolina)
|North Carolina State Senate, District 5|
|High school||Winterville High School, 1968|
|Associate's||Lenoir Community College, 1971|
|Bachelor's||Appalachian State University, 1975|
|Master's||East Carolina University, 1987|
|Place of birth||Greenville, NC|
Moore earned his A.A. from Lenoir Community College in 1971, his B.S. from Appalachian State University in 1983 and his M.A. in Education from East Carolina University in 1987. His professional experience includes working as public works supervisor for the Town of Winterville, teacher at Pitt County School, education specialist at Pitt County School and president of North Carolina Driving School, Incorporated.
Moore's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I have been a consistent voice in the Legislature to protect taxpayers and free businesses to hire. We need to promote opportunities for citizens to create and grow businesses of their own and foster a climate that will attract out of state businesses. Long term, we must make sure our children and grandchildren have the education they need to compete in this economy."
Ensuring quality education
- Excerpt: "I firmly believe education must be a top priority if North Carolina is to continue growing and be competitive. An educated workforce attracts higher paying jobs and improves the per capita income of our State. This can be done by giving citizens options so each of us can choose the opportunities best suited for our children."
- Excerpt: "I will work with the business community, senior groups, faith based organizations, community leaders and law enforcement to tackle issues facing our communities."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Donald Davis defeated Henry Williams II and Tony Moore in the Democratic primary. Davis was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Donald Davis Incumbent||71.7%||10,140|
|Henry Williams II||4.9%||691|
Moore and his wife, Susan, have three children. They reside in Winterville, NC.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tony + Moore + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 5
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Tony Moore on Facebook
- Tony Moore on YouTube
- Official campaign website, "Meet Tony," accessed March 24, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Priorities," accessed March 24, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012