Torrance Change in Election Schedule, Measure A (June 2010)
Elections and Campaigns
|Not on ballot|
- These results were from the [http://www.smartvoter.org/2010/06/08/ca/la/meas/ Smart voter Directory of Los Angeles County, CA Measures.
Measure A was supported by the Torrance City Council, the Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce, the board of the Torrance Unified School District, and the Torrance Police and Firefighters Associations.
Opponents of Measure A sponsored a website called "Keep The Date." They maintained that if Measure A was enacted, it would increase the power of politicians and incumbents.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Should section 510 of the Charter of the City of Torrance be amended to change the date of holding the general municipal election to the last Tuesday in April of each even numbered year?|
- Website of the City of Torrance
- Analysis of Measure A
- (timed out) Argument in favor of Measure A
- (timed out) Argument opposed to Measure A
- Keep the Date, website of Measure A opponents
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found