Tourism and Marketing Committee, Alabama State Senate
Per Rule 47 of the Senate Rules, committees of the Alabama State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Assignments, consisting of the President Pro Tempore, Lieutenant Governor, Senate Majority Leader and three additional members appointed by the President Pro Tempore. The rules do not specify how often committees are assigned. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President of the Senate serves as an ex officio member of each committee, except specific Local Legislation Committees, with the power to vote. The President may appoint a Senator who is not already on a committee to serve as his official substitute.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||The Committee on Tourism and Marketing, to which committee shall be referred all bills relating to increasing tourism from both domestic and international markets and the maintenance of the tourism-related industries in Alabama and any general bill providing for or dealing with pari-mutuel betting, gambling or games of chance or affecting an existing facility thereof. The Committee on Tourism and Marketing shall not exceed 9 members.||”|
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed February 11, 2014(Rule 47-b)
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014(Rule 48)
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 48-17)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.